Course summative Tasks are due no later than tomorrow -Jan. 15- at midnight.
- Short Story Response Final draft, Self-edit sheet, “I Read” chart and slides;
- Writer’s portfolio and all drafts and planning, self-edit sheets;
- Learning Skills page completed.
Wednesday: Exam Review
- Exam Review sheet.
- Together make notes about what we have learned this semester.
- Notes on examination: purpose, length, your preparation, reflection, next steps.
Remember to share your “I Read, I Think, Therefore” Chart and your Reader Response with me for your final grade.
Today, you will continue to work on your Writer’s Portfolio.
Course Summative Task #1: The Short Story Response
- Choose a short story
- “On the Bridge”
- “A Mountain Legend”
- “Thank you, Ma’am”
- “Not Ever Again”
- You will annotate the story to identify what the story is about: narrative elements
- You will annotate the story for connections.
- You will complete an “I read, I think, Therefore organizer.
- You will write a response following the template from Unit 1.
The response must be done by the beginning of the class on Jan. 9 so you can build your presentation that day.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
First—> Go to LEARNING TOOLS page in Content Library.
Organize all of your reflections in one folder.
Complete Unit 5 Reflections. Send that page to me.
Next, we will review the Course Summative Tasks.
RETURN NOVELS TO CLASS LIBRARY.